International Study Center


Supporting documents

You will need to supply additional documents to support your application after applying for your program at the International Study Center. Once we have received these, a Student Enrollment Advisor will review your application and contact you with any questions. You will need most of these documents when applying for your student visa too.

Which documents?

These documents are required to show your eligibility for the program. You will need to submit: 

  • A copy of your valid passport
  • Proof of English language proficiency (IELTS, TOEFL, Pearson Versant)
  • Certified copies of academic records, including transcripts and school leaving certificates
  • Certified financial statements and Affidavit of Support

Students living in the USA

If you already live in the USA, the International Study Center will accept community college transfer students. You will need to provide the following:

  • I-20 form
  • Copy of your I-94 and visa
  • Copies of any additional visas and I-94 for dependents (spouse and /or children with you in the USA).

Sending your documents

Unless you are told otherwise by your Student Enrollment Advisor, your documents should be sent online via a secure upload link which we will provide. Your documents can be sent as a PDF or jpeg attachment. If any of your documents are not in English already they much be accompanied by a certified English translation.

Student visa application

After you've submitted your application and supporting documents, you will wait to hear if you've been accepted to the International Year program. Once you've been admitted you will need to apply for your visa to study in the USA. This happens in three steps:

  1. Pay your deposit
  2. Receive an I-20 from the University, issued by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
  3. Submit your I-20 with your visa application.

You can learn more about how to apply for a visa by visiting your nearest US Embassy or Consulate in your country. You may need to book an appointment to complete the process.

Travel documents

You will need some documents with you during your journey to Baylor.

We are closely monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. See our information for current students, or if your course has not yet started read our FAQs.